Do you know that making your own lip balm can help you save money and reduce waste? Yes, it is true! Not only is it fun and satisfying to create your own lip products, but making your own lip balm allows you to control what ingredients go into it. This is especially important if you have sensitive skin or allergies to certain chemicals commonly found in store-bought products.
DIY Lip Balm: 3 Simple Steps for Soft and Smooth Lips
In this blog post, we will be sharing with you a basic lip balm recipe that is easy to follow and can be altered to suit your individual needs. The recipe calls for beeswax pellets, shea butter, coconut oil (or another type of liquid oil), and your choice of essential or flavour oils.
To get started, you will need the following:
- 3 tablespoons of beeswax pellets
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil (or other liquid oil such as sweet almond oil, olive oil, or grapeseed oil)
- 10-20 drops of essential oil or 1/2 gram of flavour oil
- Microwave-safe container (such as a glass Pyrex measuring cup)
- Lip balm tubes or pots (for storage)
- In a microwave-safe container, melt the beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil in 30-second increments, stirring well after each one.
- Stir in the essential oil or flavour oil.
- Carefully pour the mixture into your lip balm tubes or pots and allow it to cool before using.
It’s that simple! The result is a firm yet moisturising lip balm that will keep your lips soft, supple, and protected. If you prefer a softer and glossier version, simply reduce the amount of beeswax by 1/3 and add a bit more liquid oil.
One of the biggest benefits of making your own lip balm is that it can help you save money. Store-bought lip balms can be expensive, especially if you use them frequently. By making your own, you can save money on costly products while also enjoying the benefits of natural and nourishing ingredients.
Another great benefit of making your own lip balm is that it allows you to reduce waste. Many store-bought lip balms come in plastic packaging that can be difficult to recycle. By making your own, you can use reusable containers and minimize your impact on the environment.
In conclusion, making your own lip balm is a fun and easy DIY project that has many benefits. Not only can it save you money and reduce waste, but it also allows you to customise your lip care products to suit your individual needs and preferences. Give it a try and experiment with your favourite flavours and colours. We guarantee that you’ll love the results!