No products in the cart.
We could all stand to spend a bit more time taking care of ourselves, but it can be hard to know where to start. So, in honour of World Health Day (7th April), we’re going to take a look at how essential oils can help you take back control of your health and well-being. This year, World Health Day is tackling the tricky subject of depression, in the hopes that those suffering can find the help and support that they so desperately need.
Stress and anxiety are some of the biggest contributors to depression and can quickly have an effect on our physical well-being as well. So, in this post, we’re going to focus specifically on essential oils for anxiety and essential oils for skin care. We are increasingly aware that stress can have a damaging knock-on effect when it comes to our body’s health, glow and vibrancy.
What are essential oils?
But first, we’ll take things back to basics: in short, essential oils are naturally occurring oils typically obtained by distilling the seeds, bark, roots, stems, flowers and other parts of common and rare plants. Essential oils have been used for centuries for a host of purposes, from cooking preparation to health and beauty. Many hundreds of thousands of people depend on essential oils for managing the many difficulties that life can throw at us on a daily basis.
Essential oils for everyday life
Unfortunately, in our busy modern lives, stress can be a common problem for most of the population. Juggling daily schedules and routines can quickly get on top of us, so it’s crucial to take the time to kick back, relax and let some carefully chosen essential oils work their magic.
- Lavender essential oil: At the first signs of stress, many people turn straight to the calming scent and properties of lavender. Known for its relaxing qualities, lavender is a powerful and versatile tool to have in your aromatherapy kit.
- Frankincense essential oil: Much loved for its grounding, tranquil effects, diffuse a little frankincense essential oil and you’ll soon start to feel at ease. If you’re a fan of meditation, frankincense makes a very useful companion while you quiet your mind.
- Sandalwood essential oil: Treat your kit to a dose of sandalwood and you’ll soon be a convert. This woody, sweet scent helps to boost mental clarity, which can be a tremendous benefit when you’re feeling a little overwhelmed and stressed out.
Essential oils for skincare
Many of us are all too familiar with the effects that stress and anxiety can have on our physical selves, and our skin can paint a very clear picture of our inner health and happiness. If you’ve been suffering with stress and low moods and you feel like your appearance needs a little boost, think about trying:
- Peppermint essential oil: If your skin’s feeling dull and lacklustre of late, try a few dabs of this cooling, menthol oil as part of your daily routine. It can make a real difference to the brightness of your skin.
- Cedarwood essential oil: Cedarwood essential oil can be a powerful topical tonic and is used by aromatherapists and in a range of skincare products.
So, in honour of World Health Day, treat yourself to a fresh injection of essential oils.